I started the Chamberlain Law Firm because I like helping people. I chose Elder Law, Estate Planning, and Probate because these areas focus on important personal situations in everyone’s life, so it is easy to help, especially during a difficult time. I like helping people for a purely selfish reason, it makes me feel good.
The mission of my law practice is:
To provide outstanding legal services in the areas of Elder Law, Estate Planning, and Probate. To give good advice that ensures my clients are well informed and know all their options. To draft comprehensive documents that account for a wide variety of circumstances in order to protect my clients.
In addition to helping people, I also really enjoy running a law firm. I like the details of the daily operations and making sure our clients have a good experience. When helpful, we use technology to make the process easier and more expedient. However, when appropriate, we also utilize good old fashion in-person meetings. Running a good business is also, selfishly, very personally satisfying to me.
I have a lot of experience in the legal industry in a variety of roles. They have all helped me learn how to run a law firm well and be a good lawyer. Here is some background:
- Of Counsel, Williams Caliri Miller & Otley, P.C., Wayne, N.J. – worked closely with a group of experienced estate planning, elder law and probate attorneys.
- Associate at law firms in Princeton & Secaucus, N.J. – prior to my current practice areas I worked in several law firms focused on environmental law. This was an excellent mix of transactional, regulatory, and litigation legal work, which was an amazing experience and mirrors my current practice.
- Assistant Prosecutor, Union County Prosecutor’s Office – court room experience that is especially helpful with probate litigation.
- Law Clerk to the Hon. Roger F. Mahon, Superior Court of N.J. – invaluable experience working side by side with an excellent judge.
- Client Sales and Support Representative, Bloomberg Law, Bloomberg L.P. — amazing insight into running a business and putting clients first in the process.
Spending time with family and friends. Traveling. Snowboarding. Golfing. Coaching wrestling. Fantasy football. Exercising. Meditating. Never ending projects around the home. Eagle Scout who enjoys helping his son in Cub Scouts.
- Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law - J.D. - 2004
Moot Court Honor Society
- Rutgers University, Graduate School of Education - M.Ed. - 2001
- Rutgers College - B.A. - 2000
Magna Cum Laude, Phi Beta Kappa
- New York State Bar Association
- New Jersey State Bar Association
Elder and Disability Law Section
- National Association of Elder Law Attorneys (NAELA)